Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Man exposed himself on miniature railway platform

A man has been given a community order for exposing himself on the platform of a miniature railway. Phillip Plumridge, 47, was seen carrying out a sex act near the ice cream kiosk at the Trago Mills shopping destination in Newton Abbot, Devon. Magistrates in Torquay had previously been told that Plumridge had exposed himself on the platform of the railway and carried out a sex act in front of a female employee of Trago Mills on Tuesday, April 29.

The woman told the court she had struck up a conversation earlier with Plumridge while he was having an ice cream in the cafe. She said later she noticed his flies were undone and she could see his private parts. She continued: “I was shocked and did not say anything as I could not believe it.” She said she saw him carrying out a sex act. She told magistrates: “He was staring at me. I felt sick and his action worried me.” Plumridge said he was actually urinating, or trying to.



In his police interview he said his flies had no button and he was unaware that his penis was showing. “I was trying to pee,” he said in his police statement. “When you have to pee, you have to pee. Sometimes I have to do it for a few minutes and to pee I have to press on my bladder.” The court was also told that Plumridge had a medical condition resulting from gall bladder surgery that means he could get caught short and takes longer to urinate.

Plumridge said he did not think he could be seen and did not want to be seen, and thought the railway was closed that day and it was all quiet. “I was going for a pee in public, I am guilty of that,” he added in his statement. Plumridge had denied the charge of exposure but was found guilty in his absence earlier this year. The matter was adjourned for reports. Returning to court for sentence this week Plumridge was given a three year community order to include supervision along with a 28 day sex offenders’ treatment programme. The defendant, now of Fordingbridge in Hampshire, was also fined £300, ordered to pay £240 towards costs and a victim surcharge of £60.

No comments: