Sunday, February 22, 2015

Not so wily fox rescued after getting head stuck in fence

A Florida woman woke up on Friday morning to find a fox stuck in a fence outside her home. Lauderhill resident Tracy Lofton was taking out her trash when she thought she saw a stuck cat.



"I came out and when I went to roll it out, I ran back inside because I don't know what it was," said Lofton. "I thought it was a raccoon at first but then I thought maybe it's a cat because it was crying a little bit when I first came out.

"So I went in and I just called [911] right away because I didn't know if he could breathe or was choking himself. The closer I got to it, it started squirming trying to get itself loose."



Lauderhill Fire Rescue arrived to help the animal out and told Lofton it was actually a large fox. Fire Rescue was able to free the fox, and it was then taken to the Humane Society's Wildlife Care Center for evaluation. As long as the fox is in good condition, it will be released back into the wild.

With news video.

2 comments:

A&L said...

I get those gray fox here in western ny
http://youtu.be/J_w0IM9ca10?t=3m51s

arbroath said...

Thanks for the video.

I've never actually seen a grey fox.

There are loads of urban red foxes live around here. Most nights they set off the security lights in my back garden.

Recently they've taken to burying (chicken) eggs, (which I have no idea where they find them), in what used to be the lawn.