Monday, March 16, 2015

Mother frustrated that school keep misplacing her six-year-old son

A mother is frustrated at officials with Larimore Elementary School in St. Louis, Missouri, after she says the school lost her son four different times. “He ended up on the bus, the furthest bus, from the school,” said Azoria Moralez. “They ended up finding him [and] my mother had to call the police.”

Moralez says the school has continually placed her six-year-old son on wrong buses since he was in kindergarten. He’s now in the first grade and she says they are still doing it. Moralez doesn’t understand how this keeps happening since they live extremely close to the school. “You can look out my other window and see the school. That’s how close we are,” Moralez said.



“I don’t know who to talk to with to get him transferred. No one is returning my calls." A spokesman for the school district said, “The District has and continues to investigate this situation. The student boarded the correct bus, but the driver drove the route incorrectly. We are working with the family to make sure this does not occur again.”

Moralez has pulled her son out of the school, but may face legal repercussions for that decision. “I got a letter talking about how they’re going to take me to family court if I don’t take him back to school,” Moralez said. “Take me to court because he’s not going back.” Azoria says she has begun tutoring her son so he doesn’t fall behind.

With news video.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand. They can see the school from their house. Why is he riding the bus?

Shak said...

First thought, too, Anon. We weren't allowed to ride the bus unless we lived over a mile away.

Qualiall said...

I was gonna say "maybe it is a tall school"--but I looked at it on google--it is tiny...yeah..school bus? weird

Jeff said...

My child is in the 5th grade, and any time I have to go into her school, I still have to convince them that yes, I am her father, and no that guy that shows up with her mother is not.
Ugh.

Gareth said...

Up until year five at my son's school the kids must be collected from school by a parent, guardian or nominated adult. Sending them home unacompanied on a bus? Not a chance.

However in this case the parent is beyond lazy. She lives within sight of the school and she can't be bothered to meet her kid at the gate. In some societies they would call that neglect.

Barbwire said...

Gareth, maybe she's at work?

Shak said...

Perhaps, Barbwire, but where are they dropping the kid to after school then? Wouldn't be at home. Could be a babysitter's house, though.