Saturday, April 04, 2015

Little girl devastated at ploughing of her favourite field

Five-year-old Alannah from Co Kilkenny, Ireland, had a terribly traumatic experience earlier this week. When Alannah started crying loudly in the bedroom of her home, her mother Jenny Blackmore went to see what was wrong. Jenny went into her daughter's bedroom, where she saw Alannah clutching her toy elephant, looking out the window and crying her eyes out as a tractor ploughed a field across the road.

"I don't want this to happen Mammy," a distraught Alannah tells Jenny as she enters her bedroom. "You don't want what to happen?" Jenny asks. Alannah then turns to her bedroom window and replies "this". "It's going to be ruined," Alannah says. "It's only a field," Jenny gently tells her daughter. Alannah then raises several good points about why she'll miss the field across from her house.



"I won't be able to play in it any more. That's why I was crying because I will miss it. It's going to be turned into something not useful," Alannah says in between her sad gulps. "Then nobody will like it. Nobody will want to play in it any more. But I still love it. Now I won't be allowed in the muck and I don't want it to be destroyed. I don't want this to happen," a sobbing Alannah says as she clutches her elephant close to her.

"I don't want this to happen Mam. This was the field that I found. That's where me and Heather play pirates and I don't want it to go," she says. "That's where me and my friends play football. I want it to stop. I want it to stop. I don't know who told him to do it and I don't want it to happen. It's not nice," she adds. "No, it's not," agrees Jenny. The tractor can be heard whirring in the background as Alannah looks at the camera and says once again: "I don't want it to happen".

You can see the video of a devastated Allanah here.

No comments: