Friday, May 29, 2015

Woman devastated after visitor to her home snorted ashes of her dead mother

A woman from Dundee has told of her disgust after a visitor to her home snorted her dead mother’s ashes. The invcident took place as a group of people sat drinking in Jacqui Tierney’s house in the Hilltown area. It was witnessed by a family friend, who said today he couldn’t believe what the female visitor had done. The friend said: “I was shocked and disgusted. We had all been drinking and she just seemed to think it was fun and was showing off about it. This is the lowest of the low.

“It’s worse than jumping on somebody’s grave. It’s so disrespectful to the memory of someone’s mum and gran and I can’t believe it happened.” The ashes of Hilda Tierney had been contained in an urn on a unit in the living room. The family friend told Jacqui, 51, what had happened to her mum’s ashes, leaving her horrified. She said: “How could someone do something like this? It is beyond belief that this happened in my own home. Seemingly, she just took the ashes from the top of my unit and started snorting them.



“My friend witnessed the whole thing and decided I should be told. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. What would make someone do something like that? My mum meant the world to me and apart from anything else, how could someone do something so disrespectful?” Jacqui said her disbelief quickly turned to rage when she gave more thought to what happened. She said: “I decided to challenge this person about what they had done but she ran away out of my house and I haven’t seen her since.

“She has tried to contact me by phone but I am still too angry to take her call. I don’t know what I would say to her but I know she will never set foot in this house again.” Jacqui lost her mother Hilda four years ago. She said: “After mum was cremated I scattered some of her ashes in a favourite spot but kept a small amount back to make into jewellery. I thought it would be nice to put some of her ashes into a ring or necklace but now there is nothing left now for me to do that with.”

No comments: