Thursday, May 28, 2015

Woman faces bribery charge for lick offer to police officer

A Louisiana woman is facing a public bribery charge after allegedly making an unusual proposal to the police officer who arrested her for attacking her live-in boyfriend.



Diane Thomas, 52, was arrested earlier this month for punching her beau in the face “multiple times” and scratching him with her fingernails during a confrontation in the couple’s Monroe home.

When Thomas was read her Miranda rights by a Monroe Police Department officer, she stated that her boyfriend was a “bitch,” adding that he “got in her face so she beat his ass,” according to a May 16 probable cause affidavit. After Thomas was handcuffed, she told Corporal Chris Ballard that she could not go to jail since she “has a good job.”



At that point, Thomas allegedly made Ballard an offer he would refuse. "If you won't take me to jail I will get on my knees right now," she reportedly declared. "Officer I will even lick your butt hole." Already facing a misdemeanor domestic abuse charge, Thomas was also issued with a felony public bribery count for allegedly offering to lick Corporal Ballard. Thomas was subsequently freed on $5,000 bond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beyond sad, and I really hope she has some kind of speech problem and the officer misunderstood what she said. Oh God, please let it be a misunderstanding.

Ratz said...

I had thought that was a weird offer, then I read the small print. Well then, more a mainstream kink than I'd assumed, but I doubt many would take her up on it.