Sunday, June 21, 2015

Man surprised to find fox cub that had eaten all his Jaffa Cakes asleep under his bed

Iain McRobbie of Orpington, south east London, was shocked to find a fox cub curled up asleep under his bed after it has sneaked into his home through the cat flap. Only a few months old, the cub was found beside an empty packet of Jaffa Cakes it had polished off before settling down for the night.

Mr McRobbie said: “I came home from the pub and my room stank a bit, I thought it was my hiking boots or something. Anyway I shut the door and went to bed. When I woke up the smell was worse, so I looked under my bed and it was staring at me. It had spent the night under my bed, I was quite taken aback.



“It had a feast on my Jaffa Cakes, I keep them next to my bed and it had dragged them underneath and finished them off. He was quite happy.” He added the fox had mange, which is why it smelt so bad. Mr McRobbie, 57, said: “I called a guy who lives near me who rescues foxes and went to eat my breakfast.

“It went back to sleep, it wasn’t worried. I think it was just looking for somewhere to sleep.” His neighbour came and treated the creature for its mange. He said: “He picked it up by the scruff of the neck and released it into the garden.” He added that he now locks the cat flap at night.

No comments: