Thursday, July 23, 2015

Family threatened with fine for having too many cars in their driveway

A family in Kennesaw, Georgia, has been told by Cobb County officials to apply for permission to park their childrens' cars in their own driveway. The Oviedo family received a notice of violation for having four cars in the driveway.

The family has relatives visiting and two children home from college. "I am angry. I am beyond angry. I don't see how the government can tell me whose cars I can park in my own driveway," said Kim Oviedo.



They had a visit last Friday from code enforcement, acting on an anonymous complaint. The neighbourhood is zoned an Open Space Community. A recent rule changed, and enacted a limit of two cars parked in the drive.

Officials have decided to let the issue slide this summer, but put the family on notice next summer which would require a permit to park four cars in the driveway. "I'm having to pay to park on a property that I already pay tax on," said Oviedo.

With news video.

No comments: