Friday, August 28, 2015

Donkey ride lady falsely accused of washing a horse in paddling pool says business is suffering

Tracy White, the owner of a donkey-riding business in Hull, says a photograph of a horse having a wash in a children's paddling pool in Bude Park has led to false accusations and a dip in trade. Ms White, who runs her attraction in East Park, says since photos emerged online of a couple washing their horse in the park pool in Bransholme, people have been staying away from her donkeys. She said: "It's happened ever since it went all over Facebook.



"Somebody was commenting saying it's me. People are now coming up to me and giving me grief. They've been saying I'm disgusting because of the photo, but it's nothing to do with me. They are not coming on the donkeys any more. They are saying silly stuff about the pool and me. It is out of order." The photo was shared more than 2,000 times when it emerged on Facebook. Hull City Council was forced to close the pool for more than 24 hours and was faced with a £1,000 bill for draining and cleaning it.



Ms White said the photo has seriously hit her business. "People who were stood in the queues were walking away because others were saying it was me washing the horse in the pool. I am losing money because of it and it has lost me a lot of business. It is not me and it is nothing I have done. It needs to stop." Ms White said she did not approve of the couple who were photographed washing their horse in the pool.



"I don't do that and don't think they should have done it at all," she said. "I have got a horse and I wouldn't have done that to wash it. There are other ways. It is a kids' pool and people really like that park. It is just annoying and not nice to be accused of something that I haven't done. I don't like people blaming me for something like that." The Bude Park paddling pool reopened after being closed for a day for a deep clean.

1 comment:

Gareth said...

The news media are always telling us of the power of social media. This story proves that power is indiscriminate. The laws of slander and libel apply to the internet as much as to the printed and spoken word. This lady needs to look into suing for damages.