Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Woman claims to have found 'animal's tail' in pack of frozen vegetables

When Melissa Gordon was preparing dinner for her three-year-old daughter, Aaliyah King, on Sunday she found "a strange thing" in a bag of frozen vegetables. She had bought the vegetables two weeks ago from the Iceland store in Bradley Stoke, South Gloucestershire.



Ms Gordon, from Patchway, Bristol, said: "I opened the bag and poured half of it in a pan to cook it, just thought I would make a roast dinner for my daughter and her friend. When I saw it, I just threw it across the kitchen. I got a real phobia for that sort of thing, it's like an animal's tail. Honestly, it's disgusting.



"My friend came in and asked what's wrong and we both saw it sticking out in the bag. It looks a bit furry and I just didn't want to touch it again. I threw everything away." After making a complaint, Melissa received an apology from Iceland. It read: "I was very sorry to hear that you had found something unpleasant in our mixed vegetables. I can understand the disappointment this has caused and I am sorry.



"To find out the reasons for this problem, we need the original packaging and the object found in the product, so we can investigate fully with the supplier. You can return the packaging and the foreign object to your local store, who will complete a serious complaint form with you and send this to us. Once we have the packaging and the object, we'll look at your case thoroughly and will write to you again to let you know what we've found. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention."

2 comments:

Qualiall said...

it looks like a stem

shak said...

I thought the same thing, Qualiall.