Saturday, December 05, 2015

Man found lizard chilling on the side of his home

A man who found a 1.5-metre-long goanna in his backyard says the unexpected visitor gave him the fright of his life.



Eric Holland, 80, was working in his shed earlier this week when he emerged to find the goanna in his backyard in Thurgoona, near Albury in New South Wales, Australia. "I couldn't have been more shocked if a Martian had landed," he said.

"My yellow streak started to show and I jumped back in the shed." Mr Holland said when he re-emerged from the shed, he found the large reptile had crawled up the wall of his brick house. "He climbed up the bricks and got under the eve and his tail was twitching and hitting on the pipe," he said.



Mr Holland managed to take a picture of the goanna. Mr Holland said he had lived in his home for 18 years and had never seen a goanna as big as this one. "It blew the cobwebs out of me," he said. "I'll be wearing my long pants and my big boots outside, that's for sure."

There's an audio interview with Mr Holland here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a reason not to live in Australia.

Barbwire said...

There are quite a few, if you count all the poisonous snakes, crocs, etc.