Monday, December 28, 2015

Police officer crashed after owl flew into his car

A police officer in Louisiana crashed his patrol car while on-duty after an owl flew in and attacked him, according to the Covington Police Department.



Officer Lance Benjamin was patrolling the Savanah’s Subdivision early on Christmas Eve morning with his window rolled down when he suddenly had company. “As I was exiting the subdivision, going about 10 miles an hour, suddenly I felt something hit the left side of my face,” he said.

“So I’m thinking ‘okay, maybe it was a football or something.’ And then I felt some scratching on the back of my head and some pecking.” Benjamin quickly realised that he was being attacked by an owl. “I tried to keep control of my car, went into a ditch, avoided some trees. Finally was able to stop the car put it in park get out and there he was just chilling out in the car,” the officer said.


YouTube link. Original news video.

He suffered minor scratches but was able to finish his shift. The vehicle did not sustain any major damage. The owl, meanwhile, flew off into the night when officers opened the door to the about 45 minutes later. Following the incident, fellow officers bought Benjamin a pink-and-white stuffed plush owl. He said he thought of it as his good luck charm.

1 comment:

ooonaughtykitty said...

Cool. A Barred Owl. :))