Sunday, January 03, 2016

Man dressed as penguin to propose to girlfriend in hair salon

Jerome Anthony donned a penguin suit and got down on one knee to propose to his girlfriend, Claire Tutton, at a hair salon in Halstead, Essex. Jerome, 37, and Claire, had been friends for years before becoming a couple three years ago.

Jerome, of Sible Hedingham, said: “I asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she said either a new front door or a ring.” Jerome decided to surprise her while she was working at Dales Hair Salon. He said: “I dressed up as a penguin as she likes them.



“I bought a suit from eBay and pretended I was from Save the Penguins. I made a badge with my penguin name on it, S Peckington, and made a bucket for donations. When I got to the hairdressers, I approached Dale the owner first and he said he was really busy and they weren’t sure if anyone wanted to donate.

“I then walked up to Claire. I had some tissue in my mouth to make my voice different. I took the head off and got down on one knee and the ring was in the bucket. She said: ‘Oh my God, you’re a nutter’. Then she said ‘yes’.”

No comments: