A mother has condemned cruel pranksters after her four-year-old daughter was superglued to a toilet seat in McDonald’s. Nicole Langmead, 24, was enjoying a meal at the fast food branch in Exeter, Devon, when her four-year-old daughter Kaya used the toilet while she waited outside. But several minutes later the youngster emerged from the ground floor cubicle in agony saying she had been stuck on the seat.
Nicole found a strong clear adhesive, believed to be superglue, had been smeared over the seat which had ripped some skin off of Kaya’s legs.
Police are investigating and want to talk to two teenage girls who were came out of the ‘disabled and baby changing’ cubicle just before Kaya went in.
Nicole, 24, said: “I was waiting outside the toilets with my two daughters for quite a long time.
We were just about to give up when these two girls came out of the bathroom laughing.
“They were probably in their early teens. I didn’t think too much of it and Kaya went into the toilet.
A short while later she came out in tears and told me that she had become stuck to the seat.”
Nicole, who was with her other daughter Nuala, 20 months, now wants to issue a warning to other parents about the possible dangers.
She said: “As a parent it is the last thing you expect. It is every mother’s worst nightmare.”
Nicole said the glue only came off her skin five days later.
“Kaya is really forgiving but I was very angry at the time,” she said.
“The staff at McDonald’s were really good. We were all just shocked that people would do something like this or fund it funny.”
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said: “We were called to the Exeter High Street McDonalds just after 2.30pm on Thursday after reports of criminal damage to the downstairs toilets.
We would like to talk to two girls were on the scene shortly before the incident.”