Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Police hunt puddle splashing motorist

Police are hunting for a driver believed to be deliberately splashing pedestrians by driving through puddles at high speed in Kentish Town, north west London.



Footage of a Toyota 4x4 was captured driving close to the pavement in Kentish Town Road during heavy rainfall last Friday. Officers believe the driver could be charged with careless driving.





But attempts to question the driver were thwarted when police realised the vehicle had no insurance and no registered owner. The video was captured by a passer-by waiting at the bus stop at the bottom of Highgate Road when the car passed. She said: “There was a little old lady next to me and this car came up really close to the kerb, splashing everyone.


YouTube link. Raw Twitter video.

“Then I saw him stop and I thought: ‘Oh my god, he’s going to do this again’, so I thought I’d take some footage. It might be fun for the driver, but I felt bad for this old lady, who was quite upset by it.” Sgt Paul Taylor has asked for anyone who knows the current owner of the vehicle to come forward. He has described him as a “clown” and a “buffoon” in appeals for information.

No comments: