Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Woman surprised to find that her dead mother's bank account was overdrawn by $99 billion

The daughter of a woman from Chicago Heights, Illinois, who passed away last month received an interesting message from Chase Bank recently. “Your checking account has a negative balance of $99,999,999,545.90”



Sheila Henderson was listed on her deceased mother’s account and had called the bank to check the balance in order to pay off some funeral expenses. She was shocked when she heard the astonishing number.

When Henderson heard the mind-boggling number last Wednesday, she said she almost had a heart attack. "I was shocked. I couldn't even speak. I called it again," Henderson said. "I called my brother to listen to it and the first thing he said, 'You have been hiding all this money from me. Why did you do this?'



"I was like, 'No, it says it is a negative amount on it," Henderson said. Chase Bank say that they're investigating and they will work with her to fix the issue. Henderson calls it a $99 billion mistake. "I think I might stick with Chase. I do like them. People make mistakes. But it's a scary mistake for me though," Henderson said.

With news video.

1 comment:

Qualiall said...

they accidentally linked her account to the government's :)