A man caught an apparently hungry house univited guest at his second-floor apartment in Avon, Colorado, rummaging through his refrigerator early on Saturday.
Crews from Eagle River Fire Protection District were dispatched at about 4:45am for a report of a bear in the living room.
The resident had locked himself in his bedroom “until the bruin could be encouraged to vacate the premises.”
YouTube video. Original Eagle River Fire Protection District Facebook video.
Eagle River Fire Protection firefighters, with assistance from the Eagle County Sheriff's Office, were able to successfully get the bear to leave the building without causing any injuries to the bear or the humans involved.