Friday, June 03, 2016

Woman says neighbour sold her frozen mother for $30

A woman from Goldsboro, North Carolina, was shocked when she looked into a used freezer she bought and found parts of a dead body inside. “My heart was in my throat and I ran outside, called 911,” said the woman, who asked that she not be identified. The woman had kept the deep freezer for the three weeks before opening it and making the gruesome discovery. She said she bought the freezer from her neighbour, but that she didn’t immediately open it because that neighbour told her it was being used as a “time capsule.”



The seller of the freezer said it was part of a class project she was doing with her church Sunday School class. “A church was supposed to come, pick up the items inside the freezer. I was supposed to get the freezer back. The church never came. I decided to open it,” the freezer buyer said. The buyer called 911 after seeing the contents of the freezer. “I have a serious problem. My neighbour sold me a deep freezer. I just opened it and there’s a body in there I think,” she told the 911 dispatcher. “I am freaking out.” Police confirmed the human remains were found on Friday.





The woman who discovered it said she believes it was the body of the neighbour’s elderly mother inside the freezer. “She sold me her frozen mother for $30. How do you do something like that??” the woman said. The mother had lived with her daughter for years, but hadn’t been seen since September. “(She was) Just the sweetest lady. I mean quiet, kept to herself, stayed at home. Just unbelievable how she could just stick her mom in a freezer,” the freezer buyer said. The woman said that the day after she bought the freezer, the neighbour who sold it to her then left town.

News video one.

YouTube link.

Follow-up news video.

YouTube link.

The freezer seller said she was headed to West Virginia to be with her mother, who was now staying at a nursing home, the woman who bought the freezer said. It’s just one of many stories she told people in this tight-knit community, residents said. Stories that many people say just don’t add up. On June 1, remains were positively identified by the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office. The woman’s death was determined to be natural and with no signs of foul play. Authorities are not releasing the identity until the next of kin has been notified. Goldsboro police are investigating the incident as felony concealing or failing to notify the death of a person.

No comments: