Thursday, September 08, 2016

Streetwise cat spotted using pedestrian crossing

A motorist has captured the moment drivers stopped to let a cat use a pedestrian crossing in Dartford, Kent. The clever feline was filmed carefully waiting for cars to slow down before crossing St Vincent's Road on Sunday afternoon.



Justin Scrutton, from Stone, caught the footage on his dashboard camera. The 44-year-old said as he slowed down to approach the pedestrian crossing he spotted the black and white cat waiting to cross.





He said: “I just approached the zebra crossing and looked both sides as you do, in case there was a child. I thought is the cat going to run out? He was looking at me, waiting for me so I slowed down. Both cars stopped and the cat looked both ways, he thought ‘it’s my turn’ and crossed.”


YouTube link.

After checking in both directions, the safety conscious kitty trotted across the road to the enjoyment of a passer-by. Mr Scrutton added: “He stayed in the line of the zebra crossing the whole way across. He has obviously done that before, it was very sweet.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Omg this is my cat Bob 🌈