Saturday, September 10, 2016

Town crier seeks a new consort after his wife 'buggered off and left him'

A town crier in Somerset has made a passionate appeal for a lucky lady to come forward to be his consort at future events. Crewkerne crier David Craner has been as a lone figure attending events representing the town up and down the country after his wife left him a couple of years ago.

Mr Craner has been named as the best town crier in Southern England this year and would like someone to help him out at all the competitions and civic events he goes to. He said: "My wife buggered off and left me. That means I do not have anyone accompany me and I would love to have someone come along to all these wonderful events I go to.



"The marriage broke down and she decided she didn't want to be with me anymore. Being a town crier means going out to competitions and civic events." Anyone interested in accompanying Mr Craner to these events does not have to worry about providing their own dresses as he has already got that covered.

"I have got all the regalia that she used to wear so that wouldn't be a problem - as long as she doesn't mind wearing someone else's dress," he said. "There will be no cost involved to them as I am completely self-financed. I'm looking for anybody who is a forward looking person who is interested in English tradition and also has a good sense of humour."

No comments: