Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Boy rescued by firefighters after getting head stuck in massage sofa

A 12-year-old boy who got his head stuck in a massage sofa in Baoji City of northwest China’s Shaanxi Province, was later rescued by a team of firefighters.

His parents had to call in the firefighters to cut open the sofa and get him out after failing to free him themselves. Firefighters received the call at around 9pm on Saturday.

When they arrived at the scene, they found the boy on his knees on the massage sofa with his head stuck in the hole of the headrest. Soon after, the firefighters decided to cut the sofa open. They first had to cut out all the sponge and fabrics from the sofa, followed by enlarging the open area by using different tools.

YouTube link.

However, the rescue process slowed down a bit as they found it difficult to cut through thick wood. After a short discussion, they decided to cut through the wood bit by bit while protecting the boy’s head with some clothes. The boy was successfully rescued about 20 minutes later and upon thorough medical check-up no injuries were found.

1 comment:

Ratz said...

I think the presence of that chainsaw near my head would have my heart rate in the triple digits in seconds.