Friday, May 02, 2008

Crocodile spotted near Welsh supermarket

A hunt was underway yesterday after reports that a crocodile was spotted in the six acre, 20ft-deep Pluck Lake in Swansea, Wales,

Fisherman Steve Jenkins, 38, was walking his dog on the bank when he spotted what he thought was a log swim away. He said he realised it was a crocodile and called the police.

Police officers and RSPCA inspectors visited the scene but could not find the reptile.

Mr Jenkins said: “People think I was seeing things but it was definitely a crocodile, about a metre in length with a long tail. I’ve been ribbed mercilessly since I reported it to the police - people whistle the tune of Crocodile Shoes when they see me.

“But I don’t care what people think, I know what I saw.”

Inspector Emma Tyler, of South Wales Police, said there had been no further reports of the crocodile and no further action was expected at this stage.

No comments: