Monday, January 19, 2009

Man finds lizard taped to his car

An Australian man was disgusted to find a lizard stuck to his car with electrical tape when he returned from a bushwalk in Onkaparinga Gorge last week.

Colin Cook had been taking photos of local birds just before dark last Thursday, January 15, when he made the "horrible find" at a car park near Piggott Range Rd.

"I saw it tied to the door handle and it was bound up quite severely with its legs crushed up against its body so it couldn’t move - I thought it was dead," Mr Cook, 54 said.



"I couldn’t get the tape off so I had to take it home and use scissors to free it."
He said the "tedious task" of freeing the lizard was made harder by its delicate feet and toes but he managed to release it back into the bush the next day, missing only a few scales from its back.

"It’s just disgusting, I worked for the RSPCA for 10 years as a rescue officer and I’ve been volunteering for the last six years at a farm that takes in local fauna so I’ve got a soft spot for all living animals," he said.

"What a terrible way for the creature to die if I had not tended to it as soon as possible."

No comments: