Sunday, April 18, 2010

Reformed smoker slams no inhaler policy

A reformed smoker has hit out after being asked to take his smoking inhaler outside. Bertie Dadge, 52, of London Road, Gloucester, said bosses at The Regal in King's Square told him not to smoke the nicotine substitute at the bar.

Bertie, a qualified sous chef in Germany, said: "It's like I'm being discriminated against because I'm trying to be healthier." He said he had only gone in to the pub to have a soft drink with some friends. I was in there drinking lemon and lime, because I'm trying to cut down on my drinking.



"I wasn't drunk, and I walked up to the bar to get another drink, and the barman said 'can you smoke that electric cigarette outside please'. I said it wasn't an electric cigarette, but he said he had told me once and asked me to stand outside.

"I left of my own accord, but when I came back again later with another friend, he told her I was banned and refused to talk to me about it." A spokesman for Wetherspoon, which owns the pub, said: "The gentleman had come in and been asked to stop using the inhaler, as they are banned in all our pubs.

5 comments:

arbroath said...

What could possibly be there reason for banning a inhaler?

arbroath said...

All the tabacco related stuff is Bad-Bad-Bad and one should be ashamed deeply of onself.
They most likely also ban people who wear clothing that displays tabacco-brands and they'll also ban glossy's and newspapers with pictures of tabacco-sponsored racingcars in them.

arbroath said...

About as harmful to others as sucking a lollipop.

arbroath said...

Weird.

arbroath said...

Lollipop lollipop oolaaalilalilalilalollipop lollipop oolaaalilalilalilalollipop ....