Saturday, April 16, 2011

RIP Buster Martin

Buster Martin, who died on April 13, possibly aged 104, became celebrated at the age of 100 as “Britain’s oldest worker”, a triumph that was largely untarnished by persistent allegations that the story of his life, including his age, was fabricated.



The dispute over his age overshadowed what was by any standards a remarkable achievement, given his claim that he owed his longevity to a combination of drinking, smoking and “good red meat”. “I’ve been smoking since I was seven,” he said. “When I get to the line, if there isn’t a pint of beer there waiting for me I’ll want to know why. I’m not worried about the fags because I’ll carry them with me. Everyone says smoking kills but it’s taking a long time in my case. ”

Buster when he was 101.

YouTube link.

Buster lived in sheltered accommodation in Lambeth, London, where he continued to do his own cooking and cleaning. Apart from a daily visit to the pub, he was said to enjoy reading, doing crosswords and watching cowboy films on television. He swore that he would only give up work “when they put me in a wooden box”.

2 comments:

L said...

Some people can abuse their bodies and seemingly live forever. Others can try to do everything right and die relatively young.

Richard Majece said...

I am sure that here you can get useful info about WhatsApp Spy App. It's important to know in modern world