Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hospital worker sets record for getting out of straitjacket

Amateur escapologist Sofia Romero is the fastest person in the world at getting out of a straitjacket – and that's official.



Leicester hospital worker Sofia, who performs as her alter ego Sof Strait, has received confirmation from Guinness World Records that her time of 4.66 seconds has been accepted.

Sofia, of Leicester Forest East, beat the old record of 7.26 seconds by wriggling out of a straitjacket at Aylestone Leisure Centre. The 40-year-old, who works in the referrals team at Leicester Royal Infirmary, got into escapology after a throwaway remark to her brother, Rog, last year.


YouTube link.

She said: "We were watching a TV show about illusionists and I said, 'I bet I could get out of a straitjacket' and he laughed. I was determined to give it a go. I ordered a £200 straitjacket from America and found that I was quite good at wriggling out. Now I want to do it professionally."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or did he not tie the sleeves ends correctly? They looked like they were done far too loose.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...i have an escapologist friend who watched this and said exactly the same thing!

Anonymous said...

Think you can do better? Go on try it? Instead of bitching on here! You will find out it's no way an easy thing to.

Anonymous said...

I know her. She's a complete fake