Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Snoop Dogg makes video tribute to Welsh gardener's record-breaking swede

A Welsh gardener has told Sky News he would be happy to share his vegetable-growing secrets with Snoop Dogg, who paid tribute to his giant swede. Last month, Ian Neale from Newport earned a place in horticultural history by cultivating the 38.8kg (85.5lb) swede.



His efforts won praise from the unlikeliest of people - cannabis activist and hip-hop superstar Snoop. In a short clip, the rapper - wearing a Cardiff City football jersey and standing in front of a marijuana-plant background - sends a "shout out" to Mr Neale.

"Man, I want to tell you something, when I do my show in Cardiff, I want you to come backstage and see me because I do vegetation myself and I want to know your secret," he says in the video. So Ian Neale... come see your boy Snoop Dogg, I've got two tickets for you when I get to town. Ya dig?"


YouTube link.

The American star is performing at Cardiff's Motorpoint Arena this Saturday, October 8. Mr Neale said: "I've never heard of him ... I'm a country and western man myself."

No comments: