Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Nintendo-playing centenarian says video games are secret to youth‎

Forget jigsaw puzzles or knitting, a centenarian from East Renfrewshire says the only way to keep her mind active is playing computer games on her beloved Nintendo DS. Kathleen Connell, known as Kit, turned 100 last week but attributes her sharp mind to regular sessions on her hand-held games console.


Photo from SWNS.

"It's absolutely super, I can't speak highly enough of it. I don't know what I would do without it," the grandmother of one said. "I'll play it in the evening, then I'll have a break and a cup of tea, then I'll go back to playing my Nintendo," she added.

The Nintendo DS fan owns around a dozen games including Scrabble, Art Academy and Family Fortunes. She proudly admitted that Brain Trainer had scored her a mental age of 64-years-old - 36 years younger than her real age.


YouTube link.

Mrs Connell said she always spent her evenings playing on the games console until she went to bed, by which time she said her brain was "a bit addled." She also recommended children to have a go at the spelling and maths games. "If children had this at school, it would be wonderful," she said.

No comments: