Friday, June 15, 2012

Woman nearly ate spider found in can of ravioli

A Brevard County woman got more than she expected when she opened a can of Chef Boyardee for lunch and bit into a ravioli with a huge spider inside. Victoria Harrah said she's a creature of habit and has been eating the same kind of Chef Boyardee ravioli for the last 30 years. But on Wednesday, she noticed that her lunch did not taste right.

"I took my raviloi, dunked it in the sauce and all of a sudden when I bit into it, it was crunchy," Harrah said. Harrah spit out the ravioli, and was shocked at what she saw. "Once I spit it out," Harrah said, "I saw the legs. Once I saw the legs, I started screaming, throwing up, saying to my fiance, 'Oh my God, Oh my God, I just ate a spider!'"

Harrah said the spider was sandwiched inside the meat filled pasta, which she originally bought for her grandchildren. She called the food company to complain and said it flew someone to Orlando on Wednesday to pick up the can. However, the United States Department of Agriculture put a stop to that and told her to put the can in the freezer until inspectors could look at it.

Harrah said that she does not want money. "All I want to know is what kind of spider that was and where it came from," she said. The food company said that it was working with the customer to understand the problem and it takes all complaints very seriously.

With news video.


Anonymous said...

This is a very clever tactic for getting a settlement, because the media coverage will hurt the company and it's almost impossible to prove that she's lying.

Toogie said...

It's just a little extra protein...
If it was in the can, it was cooked.