Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Horny dingo stalking Great Dane for sex 'not a police matter'

A horny dingo has been stalking a household pet for sex in Larrakeyah, Darwin, in Australia's Northern Territory.



Julia King, 29, said she noticed a dingo loitering outside her home and “staring” at her 14-month old Great Dane, Peanut, who was “on heat” on Saturday night. “The dingo was staring through the front fence, just watching Peanut,” Ms King said

“Then on Sunday morning I heard the dingo in my backyard whimpering, it had jumped the fence and was very skittish and was pacing back and forth because he wanted Peanut. It was after my dog, it wanted to mate. I’m happy she’s got a male suitor but I’d prefer her to be with another Great Dane or a Mastiff, something pretty.”



Ms King said she called rangers, police and wildlife rescue, who were reportedly unable to help. Duty superintendent Jo Foley said it “was not a police matter”. Ms King said she planned to stand guard in her backyard until Peanut was “off heat”. “That will probably last for another week or so, I’ll just have to hang outside,” she said.

No comments: