Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Dog coughed up owner's missing diamond wedding ring five years after it disappeared

A Wisconsin woman found her wedding ring that she lost five years ago in the most unusual way. The family's dog, 10-year-old Tucker likes getting into trouble. He’s known in the family to be the food burglar. It’s because of that nickname that a secret hiding in his belly would be revealed.



Two weeks ago, Tucker’s owner Lois Matykowski and her granddaughter were eating Popsicles outside. “After I turn around and look at my granddaughter,” she said, “the Popsicle is gone and there’s Tucker smacking his jaws.” The “food burglar” had struck again, swallowing the Popsicle whole. But the snatched food soon came back up, “stick and all, everything came out.”

Two days later, Tucker started vomiting again, only this time it wasn’t a Popsicle stick. “And I look in the paper towel and here is my wedding ring,” Matykowski said. “I kid you not. My wedding ring was in Tucker’s puke.” About five years ago, Matykowski said her ring went missing. She searched the house high and low with no luck.


YouTube link.

“I was devastated. How do you replace something like that, not only the value of the ring but just the emotional ties, too.” Matykowski’s veterinarian says the Popsicle stick may have dislodged the ring inside tucker. An X-ray showed there are no more treasures hidden in Tucker’s belly. Despite Tucker’s crime as a jewel thief, Matykowski said all is forgiven. “I’m just elated that he threw up on the carpeting and I don’t even care,” she said.

No comments: