Thursday, February 19, 2015

Woman who accidentally fatally shot herself in the eye had been adjusting her bra holster

A woman who accidentally shot herself in the eye on New Years Day at her Lake Michigan home was adjusting the handgun in her bra holster, police say.

St. Joseph Public Safety detectives are still waiting on the full autopsy report in the death of Christina Bond, 55, but released the new details on Wednesday. "She was having trouble adjusting her bra holster, couldn't get it to fit the way she wanted it to.



"She was looking down at it and accidentally discharged the weapon," said St. Joseph Public Safety Director Mark Clapp. Officers responded to her lakeside home at 5:10pm on January 1 to find Bond with a gunshot wound to the eye. She was taken to Lakeland Hospital and then airlifted to Bronson Methodist Hospital where she died the next day.

According to her obituary, Bond joined the United States Navy out of high school. She served 2 terms and was an active MP (Military Police) Officer. As an active member of the Christian Motorcycle Association, Christina was on FIRE for the LORD. She often served the Berrien County Jail in ministry as well as being an active member on her church’s prayer team.

8 comments:

Ratz said...

I'm for banning gun culture, but if Americans are just shooting themselves with them, instead of shooting other people, I guess I can live with that.

Anonymous said...

There's an obvious joke to be made here about 'boobs', but I'm not going there...

Anonymous said...

Agree with you Ratz. I told my girlfriend we should start handing out more guns so the nutters can kill themselves off faster.

Anonymous said...

Over on Raw Story, there's a hundreds-of-posts-long thread that covers every possible joke that could be made of this, e.g., "She was packing a Glock and a pair of .38's." It's a sad situation, yes, but the jokes just do write themselves.

Lurker111

Anonymous said...

"as well as being an active member on her church’s prayer team"

Prayer team? Seriously. You can't make up this stuff.

Barbwire said...

For some unfathomable reason (at least to me) guns are often paired with religious people in Amurrica. I've lived here all my life, and I not only don't understand it, I'd think there was something wrong with me if I could.

Mr.Doucebag said...

Lol

xoxoxoBruce said...

That's because you obviously weren't raised in the culture. Had you been, you still might not understand it, but it wouldn't bother you because it would seem normal

She was pretty attractive for someone her age, I wonder if that drove her desire for protection?
http://www.telecinco.es/informativos/internacional/mata-disparo-colocarse-sujetador_0_1943025087.html