Firefighters say a woman melted her bathtub when she tried to barbecue a brisket in it.
Investigators in Knoxville, Tennessee, said water from the tub poured on the neighbours below.
Firefighters said that, surprisingly, this isn't the first time that something like this has happened.
Needless to say, fire officials want to warn everyone to never try to grill indoors - ever.
You don't grill on a balcony either. Years ago, when I lived in an apartment complex, I saw a neighbor do this, and when they lighted the charcoal, the flame that erupted killed the wooden underside of the balcony above them. I complained to the management, who told me that barbecuing on the balcony was permitted. For real.
P.S.: For some reason, this apartment complex is still standing today.
KISSED the wooden underside, not killed it. Sheesh. Fumble-fingered this a.m.
Aside from the fire hazard, the real danger of using barbecues in enclosed spaces is from the noxious fumes they produce.
LOL - yes, can you imagine the fiberglass fumes mixing in with the bbq sauce smell?
Post a Comment