Monday, March 31, 2008

Man barred from gym for sweating

A keep-fit fan has been barred from his Merseyside gym after complaints that he was sweating too much.

Andy Heatman, from Maghull, was left humiliated after he was told there had been 15 complaints about his personal hygiene. The 42-year-old psychiatric nurse, who teaches patients about cleanliness and hygiene, was confronted by staff at Cheshire Lines Health Club, in Maghull.

He said: “I was on the bike doing part of my usual routine when a member of staff walked over and sniffed me. I felt a bit paranoid but it was later in the week I was taken into the office to be told about the complaints.



“I kept waiting for the punchline but there wasn’t one, and when I went back as usual later in the week I was stopped from going any further than the entrance.”

The father-of-three said he was angry and embarrassed about what had happened and now feels paranoid about his body odour.

Cheshire Lines gym owner Bill Martin said: “We did everything humanly possible to avoid humiliating him. “We have standards here as well as any other gym has standards.”

No comments: