Friday, September 19, 2008

Swimmer’s goggles get him banned from pool

Veteran swimmer Roland Grimm has been banned from his local pool because leisure centre bosses do not like his goggles.

He was told by managers that as his goggles covered his eyes and nose and feature non-shatterproof panels they breached health and safety guidelines.



So, despite using the pool for more than 30 years, Mr Grimm has been ordered to ditch the goggles or stay out of the water.

'I've used these goggles in more than 100 different pools in countries including Germany, Spain, France and Portugal and no one else has ever complained or questioned why I am using them,' said the 60-year-old. 'I'm very upset because it seems mad. I like to swim every day and this is messing up my whole life,' he added.

No comments: