Monday, January 05, 2009

Woman asked to prove age in order to buy cheese

Hannah Craig was asked for ID when she bought a whisky-flavoured cheese. Hannah, who is 30, thought the Morrisons checkout girl was pulling her leg.

She said: “When she put the cheese through the scanner it made a bleeping sound. “The assistant said she needed to see my ID to prove I was 18 to buy it. I thought it was a practical joke. She was quite embarrassed about it but insisted.

“Luckily I had my passport with me.”



Leeds University researcher Hannah eventually left the city centre store with her £1 cheddar.

But she said: “It didn’t even taste of whisky. I’ve no idea how many you’d have to eat to even get slightly tipsy. I can’t believe Morrisons are taking their approach to underage drinking to these extremes.”

A store spokesman said “We take our responsibilities very seriously.”

No comments: