Monday, June 22, 2009

Man finds badger in toilet

A family were shocked when they found a badger hiding in their loo. Father-of-two Mark Thomas, 36, was working on the kitchen, which he is renovating, when he nipped to the toilet to look at the plumbing.

It was then the landscape gardener was confronted by the 2ft-foot long badger at his home in Meldreth Road, Shepreth, yesterday afternoon. Mr Thomas said: “I heard this growling coming from the toilet and I thought it was my mate messing about.

“I went into the toilet and came upon this badger that was staring me in the face. It was cornered. I could see its little white sharp teeth shining. It was really lucky I hadn’t been caught short – or it could have been really nasty.”



It seems the badger was injured, crept into the house and made its way along the hall to the loo and was in there for three hours.

Mr Thomas said: “I couldn’t work out how it actually got in the house. I don’t think it could have got through a window. Maybe it was a bit peckish and smelled my wife’s cooking.”

The couple immediately called the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Animal welfare officer Jane Folly managed to capture the badger. She said: “Sadly the badger had to be put down because of its injury. It was probably attacked by a dog or another animal.”

No comments: