Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Groom fixes teeth to marry dentist's daughter

Gordon Taylor got a surprising answer when he asked for a dentist's daughter's hand in marriage – 'Yes, as long as you get your teeth fixed.' The 32-year-old was told he must have a series of fillings and cosmetic surgery before he could walk down the aisle with Sarah Lewis, 26.

Her father, Dr Philip Lewis, even made him wear a 'snap-on smile' cosmetic denture for the wedding in Cowes, the Isle of Wight.

'I didn't mean to neglect my teeth, I guess it was just the lifestyle I was leading,' said Mr Taylor. 'When I met Sarah, I guess her family noticed them more than most because her father is a dentist.'



Dr Lewis, 56, admitted he was horrified by the sight of his future son-in-law's teeth. 'The thought of my daughter walking down the aisle to Gordon with his teeth the way they were was not a good one,' he said.

'Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you and if there's a day in your life you want your smile to look its best, it's your wedding day.'

Sarah's mother Joy, who works as a receptionist at Dr Lewis's surgery, added: 'It was a bit startling when he first started visiting Sarah – we tried not to stare. 'Gordon is a lovely chap but he had awful teeth, really awful teeth.' Mr Taylor will now have further whitening treatment before his teeth are straightened.

No comments: