Wednesday, October 21, 2009

TV presenter sorry for loopy polly moment

An Australian news presenter has apologised to a Coalition senator and viewers after she was caught on air pulling a face and twirling a finger in the traditional manner of calling someone crazy.

ABC2's Virginia Trioli was shown making the gesture on ABC News Breakfast just moments after vision of Nationals Senator Barnaby Joyce talking about the Government's proposed Emissions Trading Scheme to tackle climate change was aired.



Today Trioli fonted the cameras and made an apology. “Yesterday on the program I made an inappropriate gesture after we played a segment from my earlier interview with Senator Barnaby Joyce," Trioli said.

“I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you – our viewers – for my lapse in judgement.



“I have also spoken to Senator Joyce, and he very graciously accepted my apology.”

Senator Joyce has laughed off the incident admitting Trioli may have been "frustrated with my approach". "Maybe I am crazy," Senator Joyce said.

No comments: