Friday, March 19, 2010

Man awakens to intruder in bed with him

Authorities are investigating an unusual break-in at a home in Pennsylvania that happened early on Wednesday morning. Michael Karanja Kamau, 33 is accused of breaking down two doors and then crawling into bed with Frank Fontana, who lives inside the Sycamore Street home.

Fontana told police he was sleeping and felt someone get into bed with him. Fontana said he thought it was his girlfriend coming to bed, so he called out her name. That's when he heard a deep, male voice respond, "No, it's not."

Fontana said he leapt out of bed so hard he broke his floor. He ran to the hallway and grabbed a baseball bat, holding the suspect at bay while he called 911.



Fontana said, "Who are you? What are you doing here? He kept saying, 'Don't hit me. Don't hit me.' He wouldn't get down on his stomach. That's when I called 911. I wish I had a gun because this is Mount Washington, and I don't pay for people to wake up in my bed," Fontana said.

Police said Kamau appeared to be intoxicated with an odour of alcohol on his breath and bloodshot eyes but not to the point that he could not realize what was occurring. They said Kamau told them he was cold and wanted to come inside.

Kamau was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Allegheny County Jail. He is charged with criminal trespass and criminal mischief.

With news video.

4 comments:

arbroath said...

"I wish I had a gun because this is Mount Washington, and I don't pay for people to wake up in my bed."

Err, hang on. WHAT?! Apart from the fact that that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, he proved that the baseball bat was perfectly sufficient to hold the guy at bay until the police arrived.  Why would a gun have been any better?

arbroath said...

Perhaps the dude doesn't like physical violence and he thinks that using a gun is something completely different......?

*DONT_KNOW*

arbroath said...

"Why would a gun have been any better?" Because you never know if the nutjob who just broke into your house in the middle of the night has a gun or not. I won't make that gamble.

arbroath said...

Is it because my youngest moved to Pennsylvania that I notice so many weird stories emanating from that state, or does PA really have more than its share of them?