Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Man accused of trying to swap baby for two beers

An infant is in Massachusetts state custody after police say a father attempted to sell his baby girl in exchange for beer. The incident occurred at the Pride Station on Burnett Road in Chicopee just before 1 p.m. on Monday.

Chicopee Police Sgt. Christopher Lareau told 22News, 24-year-old Matthew Brace allegedly offered the 3-month-old girl to a maintenance man working outside in exchange for two 40-ounce beers. The infant's mother, 31-year-old Wendy Arsenault, was inside the Pride store at the time.



The maintenance man called police who found the couple at the nearby Econo Lodge where they are living on public assistance. The infant girl was placed in the state's custody.

Brace was not arrested, but he was summoned to court on charges of reckless endangerment of a child. Sgt. Lareau said Arsenault was not involved in the crime.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Wrong name above...

jonfen said...

lol, i was thinking the same thing!

cath said...

I feel sorry for the mother. She was not even present at the time and is not implicated, according to the article --   yet her child has been taken from her :(

Foreigner1 said...

.....????
How would the conversation between that father and that mother have gone.....?
- Ohhhhh mán I need a drink BAD....!
> Yeah same here
- But we ain't got no cash...
> Yeah I know, I'mme gona ask inside- Perhaps my female charm will work on the store owner.
- But if that doesn't work...?
> Try to barter with something
- Like what?!? I've traded my watch and my cellphone already for some bread and wine yesterday...
> Know what? I've got an idea- Take the baby and try with that dude upfront, I saw he had some cans and perhaps he wants a kid. Easy for us and no fuss- Now we know how to make babies, we should easily be able to get another one........   
- Sure you don't mind? When you got her 3 months ago, you seemed all fired up to bring her up since she was your daughter and all...
> Naaaaaah I wanna beer! And like I said- Now we know how to make babies, we easily enough can get a new one- Try to get at least 2 cans will ya!?

.....Screwed UP.......................