Monday, May 03, 2010

Ninety-year-old woman hits hole-in-one

A 90-year-old woman from West Yorkshire has amazed her fellow golfers by hitting a hole in one. Mary Tattersall made the 181yd (165m) shot on the second hole at Shay Grange Golf Centre in Heaton near Bradford.

The pensioner, who has only been playing golf for two years, said she felt amazed and stunned to have achieved the feat.



"I was going around with friends and on the second tee off was amazed to find that I couldn't find my ball and it was in the hole," Ms Tattersall said. "I was quite amazed really, and stunned, and so were my fellow golfers at the same moment."

Ms Tattersall was 88 when she took up golf to get some exercise and make new friends.

2 comments:

Foreigner1 said...

Cute news. :)  Just cute.

Foddy said...

Not to take anything away from her - I would love to have a hole in one! - but I would be astonished if she was actually playing the full distance for this hole (or could hit the ball 181 yards). Maybe 120/130 yards? But it's still a great achievement!!