Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Students taught how to walk in high heels

Teenage girls have been taught how to walk in high heels as part of a Government-funded college course. The six-week "Sexy Heels In The City" course was offered to 16-year-old students at South Thames College in Wandsworth, Tooting and Merton in South London. It claims to prepare young women "for the business world and their social lives".

The course is run by Chyna Whyne, a former backing singer, who claims her life was made a misery because she wasn't taught how to walk in high heels at a young age. She said: "At some point, girls from the age of 15 upwards will start wanting to wear high heels. The point, if it's going to happen, the earlier younger ladies learn how to walk in heels, the better it's going to be in the long run - with business and social lives. The statistics of women with shoe-related injuries and foot problems are unbelievable high."



But businesswoman Annette Lees criticised the programme, saying: "I wear high heels and would love for someone to teach me how to walk in them. But take me back to college and I can think of about 5,000 things that would serve me better in business life than that. All due respect for having a good idea and taking it to businesses, but don't take it to a college."

But student Celina Mystery, 16, who attended the course, said it had boosted her confidence when walking in stilettos. She said: "Since I started the course I've felt more confident in my heels. I no longer feel pain on a night out because I know what exercises to do before hand. I'm happy I joined the course and now I can finally rock my heels."

6 comments:

monkey_town said...

I think this is a good thing. I'm glad these girls are learning what to do and what not to do to keep them safe in high heels.

Now let's wait for the follow-up story in which all hell breaks loose when a male student is turned away from the class!

Foreigner1 said...

WHAT?????
Are you telling me we are not allowed to follow that class???

...Darn- So now I have to bring back those high heels that I just bought for the occasion...

L said...

This suggests that women are expected to wear uncomfortable shoes all day if they're in business.

Screw that.  If men are allowed to wear flat shoes, then women should be, too.

Pammy said...

i don't get the nails with the point up? That would really hurt.

Anonymous said...

I approve too..together with that they should also teach how to cook, how to iron, how not to bitch all the time.. all in the name of future business and family life.

cath said...

This!