Sunday, November 07, 2010

Britain’s oldest man can’t recall fifth secret to his five ways to longevity

Britain's oldest man has hit upon the five secrets to a long life - but he can only remember four of them.

Reverend Reg Dean passed on his wisdom on his 108th birthday, after receiving his ninth telegram from the Queen. He said: "Good friends, a religion, looking for the best in people not the worst and being a vegetarian for 30 years have helped. But I can't remember the other one."



The father of one and grandfather of two, from Derbyshire, said: "My health could not be better and I have few aches and pains, for which I am very grateful."

Born in 1902, he has worked as a teacher, minister, and army chaplain and is still president of the Dalesmen Male Voice Choir. He added: "I've always been very busy and that's how I enjoy it."

No comments: