Saturday, November 06, 2010

Pregnant man plans to become surrogate mother

Thomas Beatie, the world's first transgender man to give birth, is hoping to make history again - by becoming the world's first transgender surrogate.

The 36-year-old and his wife Nancy welcomed their third son in July and now Beatie has plans to get pregnant again - to help couples who can't conceive.



He said, "When I was first approached with the idea, I thought it was crazy. Then I thought about what it means and what having a family means to us. I thought, 'This is a huge deal and I’m capable of it, why not?'

"If I can do this and help make another family fulfill their dream of having a child, then that’s what I want to do." And if that plan doesn't work out Beatie is hoping to have one more child of his own: "If we don’t find the right family for surrogacy, I think I have one more person inside of me."

No comments: