Friday, February 18, 2011

Man finds Jesus in rocking chair

Lou Balducci of Mission Viejo took photos of a wooden rocking chair he was planning on throwing away. "Last week, I noticed this image of Jesus on the chair. I don't know how it got there, but it is clearly an image of Jesus," said Balducci.



Balducci says he's not "overly religious," but the appearance of the Messiah has him questioning his beliefs. "When I first saw the image, I didn't know what to think. As I thought about it, I was thinking that maybe it was a sign of some kind. But not being overly religious, I was a little confused," he said.

"We showed it to our housekeeper and she said it was a sign that our house and our family was being blessed. My in-laws are very religious and also believe that it is a blessing," Balducci said.



Balducci says he's had the chair for more than 10 years and has never noticed the image of Jesus before. "I am not sure what I want to do with it. Right now, I am enjoying having it in my home and showing it to friends and family," Balducci said.

5 comments:

Insolitus said...

*facepalm*

Mike said...

Jese sure has a lot of free time.

cath said...

The Divine Visitation won't last long, as the paint is going to keep peeling.

Also, that is one emaciated Jesus. Looks like he could use a sandwich.

monkey_town said...

Why isn't it just, "Hey, look. It's a face in my chair/woodgrain/sandwich/butter pat"? Why is it always Jesus?

Insolitus said...

It's Jesus for westerners who live in a Christian culture. I'm sure in India they have sightings of Ganesh or Hanuman on their toasts and bathroom doors etc. I wonder what Muslims see. Is it blasphemy to see Mohammed on your dirty window? Is it better to keep your mouth shut?

It's religious figures because only religious people are expecting miracles or any sort of divine intervention, non-religious people don't make such a fuss if they see something that resembles a face in the peeling paint. They're more likely to just shrug their shoulders and note the pareidolia effect they just experienced. Of course, an atheist nutter could be getting similar messages from aliens appearing on the surfaces of their home.