Friday, March 04, 2011

Duck crashes into conference room

Tuesday began as a typical work day for Todd Griffith at Matern Professional Engineering, Inc. in south Fort Myers when his morning took a turn towards the bizarre. Griffith, a mechanical engineer, was sitting in a conference room working at a computer before a 9 a.m. meeting when a large duck smashed through an outside window and ended up in the seat next to him.



“I head a loud boom, and I looked to my left and there was a duck sitting next to me,” he said. “It looked at me like what are you doing here.” The duck then jumped onto a table and began walking around the conference room for the next few minutes as Griffith watched in amazement.

“I didn’t know what to do,” he said. Employees at the firm were eventually able to corral the duck and get it out of the building via a sliding glass door.



They cleaned up the broken glass and feathers and had their scheduled meeting, minus the uninvited guest and a window. The duck, which is fine except for a cut to its wing, is back to it’s life in the wild and was last seen this morning swimming in a large drainage ditch behind the building.

2 comments:

hema said...

Something is wrong with me. When I looked at the photo, all I could think about was how warm and spring-like it looked outside that window, and suddenly I just really wanted to be there. Winter is killing me.

Ratz said...

Where can I order one? I need ducks to break into my meetings and geese to hiss at the annoying people. Dial-a-duck here I come!