Saturday, May 28, 2011

Man lives with remains of dead mother and brother

Lonely Vasile Mogoiu, 85, from the Romanian village of Corbi, dug up his late mother's skeleton from her grave and keeps it at the home he shared with her.

His mother died in 1976 and was given a tradional Christian burial, but after seven years he unearthed her ​​bones and took them home. This way he feels closer to her.



"Mother died at the age of 80 years and two months in 1976, I buried her, and after seven years I dug her out and I brought her home to be closer to me. My mother raised me alone, I was a child out of wedlock, and I loved her a lot.

And my brother, Joe, I brought him home from seven years to death because the baby must stay near his mother."

2 comments:

Oana Tonca (Tzuni) said...

The translation is a bit... funny so to say, due to google translate. But there is another amusing detail to this article - his wife also died a few years ago but he didn't bring her home because ”he didn't love her that much”

arbroath said...

Heh heh, thanks for that Tzuni!

I did struggle with the translation somewhat.