Friday, September 16, 2011

AIDS medication causes Tanzanian man to develop abnormal breasts

Some Tanzania men on anti-retroviral (ARV) drugs have experienced abnormal breast enlargement similar to that of women. There are even cases where women taking the life prolonging drug against HIV complaining of queer side effects including becoming disabled.

Joseph Mkanda, 43, one of the victims, said he developed strange symptoms plus growing breasts after taking the drugs. Initially, he suspected the cause to be lack of a balanced diet. But he soon realised that the main problem was the type of drugs he was taking.



“I feel very much ashamed to go out of my house, because I have developed breasts like a woman. I fear that other people would laugh at me,” he said from his Mtwara-base.

“I went to one of the medical doctors in my village, who told me that such signs were normal for people suffering from AIDS who have been taking the drugs for a long time. At the moment, I don’t know what to do or where to go,” said Mkanda.

7 comments:

shak said...

This is a good thing. A woman can tell instantly if the person is becoming transgender or has AIDS. Either way, she'll know to stay away from him.

cath said...

shak: Can't we just make them clang a bell as they walk, like lepers did in the good old days?
/sarcasm

Anonymous said...

Ah, poor guy. I do find it kind of amusing though that a male can show off his breasts just fine, but a female showing off her breasts would be marked NSFW.

Anonymous said...

Why is it OK to show these breasts (supposedly male) and not "female" breasts? From the neck down he looks hot.

Barbwire said...

Maybe this will be an incentive for other men to use condoms rather than take the chance of growing breasts.

Bacopa said...

I wondered the same thing when somehow Richard speck managed to get breast implants in prison. On a news magazine shwo they showed Speck flashing his breasts to another prisoner, no fuzz out or anything. Hmmm, seems like Speck's rack is gonna cause a lot more awkward questions from the kiddos than a real woman's real breasts.

Unknown said...

Really???? Smh