Thursday, September 29, 2011

One-legged man auctioning off his severed finger to save haunted train museum

Since 1976, John Baker has run the Bakers Junction Railroad Museum in Smithville, Indiana. The museum — which operates a haunted house in old railcars — has fallen on tough financial times, so Baker's turned to an unusual source of fundraising capital. That is, his own severed finger.



Here's John's story: "YO! It is a real finger key chain. I no it's real it's off my right hand. I cut it off working on Bakers Junction Railroad Museum. It can be seen at The Haunted Train fund raiser for Bakers Junction Railroad Museum. I am a 100% disabled Veteran, I cut my finger off with a skill saw when I was cutting over my head standing on one leg, because I only have one leg.

"I was cutting in a bad place and had to hold the saw in my left hand and the saw jammed up and jumped out and cut my finger off as I fell down. They could not sew it back on so I put it in my pocket. I mummified it and put it in plastic. The money goes to paying for the new medal roofs on the 2 century old train station at Bakers Junction Railroad Museum."



According to John, his money troubles stem from a conflict with the "Commie zoning board" of Bloomington, Indiana.

eBay auction.

7 comments:

SteveC said...

What sort of prosthetic leg is that? It looks like he made it himself!

arbroath said...

Heh heh, it does!

SteveC said...

I just had a look at his website. He's a bit fanatical with links. The photo on the right dealing with the 'commey bastards' is hilarious.

I frequent a amputee forum that fellow amputee 'Pegleg Jack' does as well. 'PLJ' seems to have bad luck with his fingers and skill saws like the man in the post. For second I thought they were the same man! (but they live in different places). After I lost my leg I made it point to not lose any more of my body. Apparently there are at least two men out there that never got that memo.

arbroath said...

Hahaha!

Steve from Bloomington said...

I've meet this man before. He's a great guy, eccentric, but great none the less.

Anonymous said...

...cut off two fingers while holding a circular saw above your head (standing on your one leg)...and you could ask twice the price! Think about it...

unknown said...

tnx
پارتیشن‌های شیشه‌ای، پوششی شیشه‌ای هستند که می‌توانند به راحتی در محیط‌های داخلی منزل، دفتر کار پارتیشن شیشه ای و یا هتل و سایر مکان‌های عمومی نصب شوند. اصلی‌ترین کاربرد پارتیشن‌های شیشه‌ای، ایجاد انواع اتاق‌های جدید در فضاهای باز است.